People often wonder how to choose the right builder for their new home or home remodeling project. The best advice we have comes directly from our very own expert. This clip from the Today’s Builder TV Show features Scott Lowell discussing the qualities that make his company so highly sought-after and respected.
We created this Top 10 list to summarize the qualities you should look for when hiring a builder.
- Experience – Nothing surpasses experience and longevity in the custom home industry. A builder must have a strong character built on the reputation of the experts within the company. Meet our experts right here.
- Quality – High quality materials should be the standard for a custom home project. The infrastructure in a home is just as critical as the components that can be seen. This delivers a home that is solid, serenely quiet and finely detailed.
- Responsiveness – The best builder is more than a good listener, he is a responsive innovator. The process of designing and building the perfect home requires an ongoing exchange between builder and homeowner in order to deliver a home that is truly distinctive.
- Empowered Customer Experience – A fully transparent system allows homeowners to be comfortable with the process from day one. A builder should document every aspect of the project and its progress so the homeowners can have a clear understanding of every nuance. This results is happy customers like these and these!
- Clear Communication – The right builder will have a designated point-person to establish a direct line of communication for the homeowner. At Lowell this is the Project Superintendent who is always available to update and respond promptly to questions and concerns. Without a doubt there will be unexpected circumstances that arise during any construction project, but a good builder will keep you informed and have them resolved without delay.
- Established Timelines – A timeline for construction should be established before the project even begins and include a secure delivery date for the convenience of the homeowners. Common delays are avoidable when the builder has an in-house team that includes an architect, office staff and reliable contractors who are meticulous about staying on track throughout the construction process.
- Established Budgets – A good builder will have an accurate budget that has been approved by the homeowner. The building process should include flexibility for some changes, but the builder must have a documented system where homeowners can approve variations. There should be no surprises.
- Value Engineered – It is a balancing act to deliver the best value with uncompromising quality. You want your home to have every feature on your wish list, and an experienced builder will help you prioritize and allocate funds in order to deliver the perfectly customized home.
- A Home Warranty – A quality builder will have a comprehensive home warranty that delivers complete peace of mind to the homeowner. Lowell Custom Homes is known for their exceptional commitment to the care of every home. Even after homeowners have moved in, the Lowell team never walks away. They even provide a warranty for the next owners if the home is ever sold.
- Ongoing Relationships – A sure sign of a quality builder is when customers remain enthusiastic about their homes long after it has been completed. You can read about what Lowell customers have to say right here!
At Lowell Custom Homes we treat our clients like family.
It’s the reason generation after generation turns to Lowell when it’s time to build a home of their very own.