Like many of life’s decisions, this one can cause sleepless nights. The financial bottom line is as significant as your readiness for change. How do you make the decision to remodel instead of moving?
Asking yourself a few key questions will help you evaluate your position and guide you in the right direction. Once you make the decision to remodel, join forces with a team like Lowell Management to create a fresh version of your home with experts who know how to make the process run smoothly.
Location, Location, Location!
- Are you in a beautiful location with friendly neighbors?
- Are you close to everyday conveniences?
- Would you love your home if it just had a little more space or updated appearance?
- Are the views from your home already stunning?
- Is your home sitting on a beautiful lot?
Then why would you want to leave? Most homes can handle a renovation or addition. Remodeling will allow you to maintain your connections while adding considerable square footage. As a builder and remodeler we are familiar with zoning regulations and will help you create a new plan that satisfies all of your lifestyle needs.
Your Home’s Character
- What about your home attracted you in the first place?
- Does your home have a special “feel”?
- Would it be impossible to recreate the atmosphere in another location?
Distinctive architecture, vintage-building materials, and exclusive views cannot be recreated. When you love so much about your home, making adjustments that will increase or update your space is the right decision.
- Does your home have good bones?
- Are you sitting on a solid foundation?
- Can known issues be resolved easily?
Not every home should be remodeled. It must have good bones. A professional opinion is needed for proper evaluation of your home’s condition. Adding space, reconfiguring your floor plan and updating plumbing and electrical is logical when you are sitting on a solid foundation.
- Does remodeling suit your budget?
- Would remodeling save you more than the expense of relocating and moving?
- Would updating windows, roof or mechanical systems increase energy efficiency?
Of course you need a trusted professional to provide an accurate quote and detailed contract. Consider related costs that may be involved. Temporary living arrangements will often allow your contactor to complete your remodel more efficiently and furniture storage will protect your belongings.
Are you up for the experience?
- Do you have the patience to tolerate some inconvenience for a worthwhile outcome?
- Can you be flexible and adapt to change if construction uncovers any surprises?
- Do you have a builder that you can trust?
Remodeling is an exciting undertaking and proper preparation will eliminate problems. Patience and versatility are good qualities that will make the entire process more enjoyable for you.
As builders we routinely expect the unexpected and are always ready to adapt. We approach every project with the understanding that this is a new experience for most homeowners and we keep it as stress free as possible.
There are countless options and decisions to consider throughout the remodeling process. Our best advice is to find a qualified professional like Lowell Management who is able to guide you through every major to detailed decision for a worry free experience.